6th Expert Strategies in Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
401 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri | Map
University of Kansas School of Medicine
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine &
University of Kansas Medical Center Continuing Education & Professional Development
The goal of the 6th Expert Strategies in Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases is to improve participant competence and practice performance by providing cutting-edge information on endoscopy, gastroenterology and liver diseases through state-of-the-art lectures and hands-on endoscopy sessions taught by an international faculty of experts.
- Prateek Sharma, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kan.
- Kenneth Wang, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn.
|Todd Baron, M.D.
John Bonino, M.D.
Donald Campbell, M.D.
Michael Camilleri, M.D.
Greg Haber, M.D.
Ira Jacobson, M.D.
Sreeni Jonnalagada, M.D.
Charlie Lightdale, M.D.
|Mojtaba Olyaee, M.D.
Doug Rex, M.D.
Nagi Reddy, M.D.
David Schwartz, M.D.
Mohammad Titi, M.D.
John Vargo, M.D.
Irving Waxman, M.D.
- State-of-the-Art Lectures
- Hands-on Endoscopy Sessions
- International Faculty
- CME and CNE credit will be available
This is a conference targeted towards clinical gastroenterologists, endoscopists, hepatologists, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
At the completion of this symposium, participants should be able to:
- Formulate an evidence-based approach to inflammatory bowel disease, GERD and functional bowel management by utilizing new therapies.
- Appropriately select therapy for patients with viral hepatitis and colon cancer screening and surveillance utilizing the most recent guidelines to improve patient outcomes.
- Perform acquired skills using endoscopic diagnostic tools for proper placement of endoluminal stents, mucosal ablation, hemostasis, endoscopic resection and advanced techniques to improve accuracy in making patient diagnoses. (Hands-on workshops)
- (Nurses/Technicians) Perform acquired skills for assisting in the use of endoscopic diagnostic tools such as proper placement of endoluminal stents, mucosal ablation, endoscopic resection and advanced techniques to improve accuracy in monitoring and hemostasis. (Hands-on workshops)