3rd Midwest Conference on Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine
Friday–Saturday, September 18–19, 2015
Kansas City Convention Center, Great Hall
301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105
Sponsored by the
Midwest Stem Cell Therapy Center
University of Kansas Medical Center
Continuing Education & Professional Development
KUMC Program Website: Click here to visit the program website »
The purpose of this conference is to update physicians, scientists, nurses and other healthcare professionals, trainees, and the general public in the greater Midwest region on:
- the past, present, and future of adult stem cell therapy;
- new developments in adult stem cell research;
- diagnosis and treatment guidelines related to cell therapy for various medical conditions;
- management of patients using these new cell transplantation technologies; and
- the ethical use of regulated adult stem cells.
Various clinical trials that have contributed to the advancement of this field will be presented. The progress and hurdles toward translation of adult stem cell therapy on a broader scale will be discussed. The participants will learn about advances in therapy with adult stem cells. The participants will also examine the latest trends in regenerative medicine and gain a greater understanding of adult stem cell biology, the procedures and processes for translation, and the overall potential for tissue and organ regeneration.
The Midwest Conference on Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine is designed for physicians, scientists, nurses, trainees, other healthcare professionals and the general public.
At the completion of this conference participants should be able to:
- Assess the latest advances in adult stem cell therapy and technologies.
- Discuss past, ongoing and emerging clinical trials using stem cell therapy in various medical conditions and their effects on patient outcomes.
- Describe the basics of processes necessary for effective translation of adult cell therapy.
- Recognize diseases and patients who can potentially benefit from cell therapy.
- Discuss the debate related to the ethical use of stem cells.
Location & Parking
All events will take place at the Kansas City Convention Center in the Great Hall, 301 West 13th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105. For information on parking or directions for the Kansas City Convention Center, please call 816-513-5000 or visit them at www.KCConvention.com. Please bring a sweater or jacket, since temperatures can be difficult to control in large rooms. For more information about Kansas City-area events, call the Visitor Information Line, 816-691-3800, or visit VisitKC.com.