Women’s Health Update 2015
Tuesday • March 31, 2015
Brio Tuscan Grill, Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, Mo.
This educational activity is co-provided/co-sponsored by The University of Kansas Hopsital and University of Kansas Medical Center Continuing Education & Professional Development.
Lee Norman, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kan.
This program will provide a brief synopsis of recent, relevant issues concerning women’s health. The program’s goal is to provide updates on each topic by exploring key clinical issues in women’s health. Discussion will include urinary incontinence, cardiovascular disease in women and current surgical treatments for breast cancer patients.
This meeting is designed for primary care physicians, OB/GYN, physician assistants and advanced practice registered nurses.
At the completion of this update, participants should be able to:
- Identify current guidelines in treating incontinence of the stress and urgency type;
- Explain potential causes of causes of palpitations and dizziness in pregnancy;
- Recognize malignant symptoms of palpitations and dizziness and order appropriate testing;
- Review the advance surgical options for patients with breast disease;
- Discuss the access available to patients with breast disease to provide optimal care for patients;
- Define the surgeon’s role in multidisciplinary breast care.